Saturday 9 April 2016

Evaluation Question 1


  • In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?




  • In the video when referring to the different theories I am in fact referring to Vladimir Propp character theory and Tsyvetan Todorov narrative theory. Something that I also forgot to mention during the video is that the use of music to help tell the narrative of a short film is a typical convention one that i decided to stick with as I believe it works extremely effectively.
    Below I have discussed a few more theories I believe I have developed and used when producing my short film as well as comparing my film poster and review against the style models I used. I have also discussed in more detail my decision to go against typical conventions of a love genre film poster.
    Within the SlideBoom I have briefly written about how character and narrative theory apply to my film, due to talking about in detail during my video I haven't written about it in a great amount of detail as I would just be repeating myself however, I thought it may help to visually be able to see the connection between my film and the theories.

    Below I have included a link to the two short films I spoke about during my video. Both short films have been nominated for awards showing the true success of the film.

    Identity
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikGVWEvUzNM

    The Long Distance Relationship
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQgdxLRk6eY


    No comments:

    Post a Comment